Dr. Forman has been a chiropractor for 30 years and is the clinic director the The Spine and Wellness Center of Smithtown, which is dedicated to excellence in holistic healthcare. Dr. Forman is complemented by Harold St. Aubin, licensed massage therapist, as well as Dr. Paul Bernstein, podiatrist, specializing in problems of the foot and ankle. In addition, Dr. Jean Futoran, M.D. specializes in pain management and neuro-diagnostic testing.
The holistic approach to healthcare is understood to mean that good health is based on the interdependence and proper functioning of all your body systems. The proper functioning is based on the integration of the neuromuscular and skeletal systems as they are supported by nutrition, exercise, rest and attitude. This results in a multidimensional/interdisciplinary approach with the understanding that there may be many different causes to a particular problem requiring the skills of a variety of health professionals.
Our expertise in the treatment of the spine as well as the upper extremity (shoulder/elbow/wrist/hand) and the lower extremity (hip/knee/ankle/foot) enables us to treat a diversity of problems. The relationship of a problem in the lower extremity due to the lower back or a problem in the upper extremity due to the neck has been well documented. The knowledge of these relationships has allowed us to treat such problems as the twisted ankles of joggers or racquetball players, carpal tunnel syndrome or tennis elbow, as well as the traditional problems such as lower back pain, headaches, arthritis and scoliosis. This knowledge coupled with good "old fashioned" caring has allowed Dr. Forman to create a truly special place for healing.
Dr. Forman has been certified as a Digestive Health Professional by the Food Enzyme Institute. This allows him to help a wide range of health issues that may be caused by the inability of a patient to digest, assimilate or eliminate their foods properly.
Dr. Forman has created the most comprehensive program for personal transformation that has ever been put together, The Chrysalis Program. The Chrysalis Program is a blend of eastern traditions and western holistic approaches. The eastern traditions include yoga, tai chi, Qigong and breathing techniques. The more traditional western holistic approaches include Chiropractic treatment, massage therapy, sound nutritional principals for an anti-aging/anti-inflammatory lifestyle, cardiovascular exercises, strength training, flexibility and relaxation exercises. This program will help you achieve your personal goal, whether it’s weight loss, improved health or increased energy and vitality.
Dr. Forman is also available for lectures at your community organization.
• Clinic Director of The Spine & Wellness Center of Smithtown
• Doctor of Chiropractic, New York Chiropractic College,1986
• BA, State University of New York at Albany
• Certified Chiropractic Sports Practitioner
• Board Eligible, Diplomate American Chiropractic Board of Sports Practitioners
•Certified Fitness Trainer, International Sports Science Association
•Certified as a DIGESTIVE HEALTH PROFESSIONAL by the Food Enzyme Institute
• Radiology of the Spine & Skeletal Disorders, Dr. Erhardt 100 hour program
• The Biomechanical Progression of Scoliosis
• Chiropractic Sports Injury Certification
• Interdisciplinary Approach to the Treatment of Musculoskeletal Problems
• Treatment of Soft Tissue Injuries
• Treatment of Trigger Points
• The Biomechanics & Treatment of the Lower Extremity
• The Biomechanics & Treatment of the Upper Extremity
• Diplomate of Chiropractic Sports Injury, Three Year Post Doctorate Program on the Prevention and Treatment of Sports Injuries
• Hosted own radio program,"Fitness For Life"
• Articles published on:
• Adult Education: Prevention of Back Injury
• Standard Microsystems Corp.
• Norstar Bank Corp. Headquarters
• Hauppauge Industrial Association
• Skills Unlimited
• Island Manor Nursing Home
• Ronkonkoma Senior Citizens
• Bohemia Historical Society
• Smithtown Library
• Islandia Civic Association
• Hampton Inn
• Stress Management for the New Millennium
• Prevention of Back Injuries
• Prevention of Sports Injuries
• The Power of Goal Setting
• Customized Programs